Please read these General Terms and Conditions (“T&Cs”) carefully before using Treatment Overseas website: https://treatmentoverseas.co.uk/ (“Website”) and any of the services mentioned on it. Please note that these T&Cs provide only general conditions on medical care services in Lithuania. All specific arrangements and / or conditions regarding provision of healthcare services shall be agreed individually between each patient and healthcare service provider.
UAB “NORTHWAY MEDICINOS CENTRAI” (“NMC” or “us”, “our”) is a company registered in the Republic of Lithuania, code of legal entity 111807761, registered address S. Žukausko g. 19, Vilnius, Lithuania. This Website is published by NMC with the aim to provide potential customers with needed information and access to quality, world-class medical services at affordable prices provided by NMC or Northway group company UAB “Northway chirurgijos centras”, company registered in the Republic of Lithuania, code of legal entity 300064600, registered address S. Žukausko g. 19, Vilnius, Lithuania (“NCHC”). NMC and NCHC operate facilities equipped with modern medical equipment and instruments. They are one of the largest private medical centers, providing comprehensive medical services in Vilnius, Lithuania. Since NMC and NCHC are licenced for different healthcare services, their obligations and actions listed below depend on the fact what healthcare services specifically will be provided to the Patient.
– Should any of the provisions of these T&Cs be or become void, the validity of the rest of the provisions will not be affected. From time to time we may change and republish these T&Cs if needed. Therefore, please regularly review these T&Cs. However, changes to these T&Cs will only apply to any new healthcare services and procedures that you receive. If Patient has already signed a Contract, then the old T&Cs (valid at the time of conclusion of the Contract) will apply and he / she will be asked to agree to any new T&Cs before they come into effect.
– BALTIC MEDICAL CENTRE LIMITED (“BMC”) is a company registered in the United Kingdom, code of legal entity 07177056, registered address 121 Meridian Place Canary Wharf London E14 9FE, operating at Northway Clinic 13 Minnie Baldock Street Canning Town E16 1YE.
– NMC, NCHC and BMC are part of Northway Healthcare Group. Patient care and safety is the main focus of all Northway Healthcare Group medicine centres. However, NMC, NCHC and BMC are separate entities. Therefore, they operate independently and are not liable for each other actions, business decisions or provided healthcare services. In relations between patient and NMC or NCHC, BMC acts as an independent medical tourism third party facilitator. Please note that neither NMC or NCHC nor BMC do not provide legal advice or act as a travel agent. Also, NMC, NCHC or BMC do not provide any package travel arrangements.
– The prices provided on the Website are given prior to any consultation or diagnosis. Therefore, they are provided to give potential Patients an idea of cost range of a procedure, treatment or price plan. Such prices are not confirmed or guaranteed final, total prices for any service.
– The prices provided on the Website do not include services such as accommodation or local assistance. We do not provide all-inclusive prices or packages. Therefore, please note that individual price for a selected procedure for you may consist of: (i) consultation with the doctor at NMC clinic (ii) transfers from Vilnius airport to the hotel or NMC / NCHC clinic and the reverse transfer for departure, (iii) any pre-operative tests advised, (iv) specific required surgery, treatment or procedure, (v) accommodation at NMC / NCHC clinic‘s premises, (vi) hotel stay for the duration of Patient‘s stay in Lithuania. All these services cannot be arranged by NMC or ordered as a package. However, if needed, NMC may recommend Patient relevant service provider.
– Any tests considered necessary during pre-assessment or diagnosis for some treatments, or as a result of a pre-existing condition or Patient‘s exposure or vulnerability to any condition will be at additional cost and will not be included in the final quoted price specified in the Contract.
– Some treatments may require additional services whilst at NMC clinic in Lithuania based on Patient’s chosen procedures or his / her condition. Therefore, they may not appear on proposed quote or invoice prior to travel as they are often decided on later, while Patient is at the clinic. Patient will be informed about any such possible payments for extra services required or chosen by the Patient prior to their provision.
– Patient is liable for any other costs that he / she incurs such as meals, use of telephone, laundry, etc. Also, the Patient itself is responsible for booking, managing and paying for his / her own flights to and from Lithuania.
– Any and all consultations held in BMC prior to provision of healthcare services in NMC or NCHC are billed separately directly by BMC. Alternatively, you may have a consultation in NMC premises in Lithuania, however, you will have to bear the cost of travel and accommodation. Also, in some cases there will be follow-up consultations to discuss results and perform the necessary scans or tests. As these vary from case to case no such consultations are included in the final quoted price specified in the Contract.
– The terms of the Contract shall apply throughout the course of and during the time Patient receives healthcare services, including care, treatment, diagnosis, procedures, services and goods by NMC and / or NCHC (“Care”).
– If there is any conflict between these T&Cs and the Contract, the Contract will take precedence. If there is any conflict between the Contract and any marketing materials published by or on behalf of NMC / NCHC or this Website, the Contract will take precedence.
– NMC and / or NCHC will make effort to provide the Care as set out on the Website. However, NMC and / or NCHC reserve the right to cancel or change the date of Patient’s admission based on reasons such as delays or cancellations as a result of an event outside NMC and / or NCHC control or for operational and / or technical reasons. Where this happens NMC and / or NCHC will try to give as much notice as possible to the Patient and will liaise to arrange an acceptable alternative date to carry out the Care. In such cases NMC and / or NCHC is not liable for any damages due to already purchased flight tickets, booked accommodation or any other costs.
– When signing a Contract at NMC premises, healthcare specialists will discuss with the Patient procedures to be performed and all the Care that should be provided to the Patient (“Treatment Package”) based on his / her condition at that time. Treatment Package should be thoroughly understood and if there is any aspect that Patient does not understand, Patient shall seek clarification.
– If needed, first meetings with NMC and / or NCHC healthcare specialists may be held via email, telephone and skype or video conference calls if this is sufficient for the Patient. Such virtual meetings / calls would not be considered as healthcare services. Alternatively, if the Patient wishes to meet with the surgeon or doctor prior to traveling to Lithuania, he / she may schedule a consultation in BMC premises. Also, he / she may have a consultation at NMC and / or NCHC in Lithuania, however in such case the Patient will have to bear the cost of travel and accommodation.
– It is recommended that Patient has travel insurance that will cover against delays, loss of baggage, personal effects, etc, as well as sickness and ill–health. We highly recommend covering yourself in this way whenever traveling abroad for medical treatment.
– If the Patient has to cancel or significantly change booking at NMC and / or NCHC, please let us know and we will contact you to discuss this and propose to choose to rearrange your procedure with us (and pay the difference of fare or receive a refund, as the case may be) or cancel your booking and get a refund. However, we will not pay compensation in these circumstances and we are not responsible for any losses or expenses the Patient suffers as a result of circumstances beyond our control.
– Some procedures, such as with infertility treatments, are not guaranteed to be successful and the Patient understands that there is this possibility. Also, please note that all surgical operations and medical procedures have a risk attached to them and in the case of cosmetic surgery there may be dissatisfaction with the final outcome. There is no refund or discount for unsuccessful procedures. While healthcare specialists at NMC and / or NCHC will do their best to ensure a satisfactory outcome, Patient acknowledges that no clinical procedure or treatment is entirely risk-free and the results cannot be guaranteed.
– If needed, NMC and / or NCHC may provide extended stay in hospital to ensure that Patient has nursing care until he / she is able to look after himself / herself in a hotel. Some procedures require Patient to stay at NMC and / or NCHC at least until the stitches are removed so that the risk of infection is minimised if not eliminated.
– NMC and / or NCHC healthcare specialists will give Patient aftercare instructions and advice. Should the Patient does not follow these and there are repercussions arising from his / her own lack of care, NMC and / or NCHC will not accept responsibility for any damages, costs or any other losses. Also, if any complications do not arise directly out of the procedure or treatment Patient receives as part of the Treatment Package, the Patient will be required to pay for the costs of any further treatment which shall not be included in the final price indicated in the Contract. The Patient will be invoiced for that treatment which must be paid within 7 business days of the date of the invoice, failing which NMC and / or NCHC reserve the right to debit the costs from Patient‘s credit or debit card.
– Healthcare specialists at NMC and / or NCHC will advise on the required period of stay after surgery and this will form part of your Contract. Leaving earlier than the healthcare specialists have advised will void certain parts of the Contract. In some cases Patient may be able to travel home before having the stitches removed, but this should be in agreement with NMC and / or NCHC healthcare specialists.
– By the time Patient has the final post-operative consultation, he / she should have a fair measure of results from the surgery or any other procedure. Any major variations to the outcome requiring revision or correction should be identifiable and will be rectified, if considered feasible and based on the agreement with the Patient. Any concerns should be voiced to the healthcare specialists as soon as possible.
– NMC and / or NCHC do not accept any liability for any damages, loss or injury of any kind except for cases established in the applicable Lithuanian laws.
– Patient’s Treatment Package is subject to a Contract between Patient and NMC and / or NCHC undertaking the treatment. However, prior consultation and preassestment or initial part of infertility treatment can be held with Patient at BMC premises in London. In some cases there will be follow-up consultations to perform the necessary scans or tests. As these vary from case to case consultations prices should be agreed with the Patient individually.
– BMC healthcare specialists may consult Patient on possible Treatment Package, however BMC does not accept any responsibility in the event that NMC and / or NCHC healthcare specialists propose to change it or feel that the Patient is not fit enough to undergo surgery or any other procedures and have to return from Lithuania without surgery or procedure taking place.
– BMC is not responsible for any actions and Care provided by NMC and / or NCHC specialists and / or Care received by the Patient in NMC and / or NCHC premises.
– All procedures, tests and consultations held by BMC are subject to Patient Terms and Conditions published on BMC website here: https://northwayclinic.co.uk/information-for-clients/our-terms-and-conditions/
– Prior to booking your first consultation you will be responsible for checking with your insurer that your insurer’s policy covers the Care and Treatment Package contemplated by you. Following confirmation with your insurers, you will be required to include the policy details on the registration form and provide it clearly to NMC and / or NCHC. In such case remuneration for the services will be discussed and agreed with the Patient on a case-by-case basis.
– It is Patient‘s responsibility to ensure that he / she has provided NMC and / or NCHC and his / her insurer with all the information required in order to process or validate the claim prior to starting your Care or Treatment Package. If this information is incomplete or inaccurate and NMC and / or NCHC is not paid by the insurer for Patient‘s Care or Treatment Package, NMC and / or NCHC will either invoice the Patient directly for any such costs associated with the Care or will debit the relevant balance from Patient‘s credit or debit cards.
– Patient remains responsible to NMC for the balance of his / her account not paid by him / her ot the insurer.
– Where Patient or his / her insurer fails to settle NMC and / or NCHC invoices (or any part of them) for any reason within 30 days of the date of issue, NMC and / or NCHC will assume that the outstanding amount will not be paid by the insurer and will invoice the Patient directly in accordance or debit the relevant balance from his / her credit or debit cards. The Patient agrees to pay for any such outstanding costs.
– Irrespective of the provisions set out in this section, Patient agrees to and acknowledge that he / she remains responsible for payment for the Care, Treatment Package and any other services received by NMC.
– Prior to receiving any Treatment Plan, NMC and / or NCHC healthcare specialists will give you an estimate of costs for your Care. Please note that it is not always possible to give an exact estimate for the Care you receive NMC and / or NCHC and the total cost may depend on a number of factors, including any other conditions Patient may have. Patient is responsible for the payment of all Care Patient received at NMC and / or NCHC.
– Healthcare specialists may do necessary changes during the performing of the Treatment Plan and ask Patient to do further treatment or care to achieve goals of the Treatment Plan.
– Prior to receiving any treatment or Care, Patient will receive a Contract and registration form to complete in which Patient will be provided with information regarding payment of costs.
– Patient will be advised of the actual cost of the treatment or Care he / she has received by letter / invoice following which payment must be made immediately without deduction or set-off. NMC and / or NCHC reserves the right to debit the sums due from Patient‘s credit or debit card. The costs of Care received will be charged at rates provided on the Website or individually agreed between the Patient and NMC and / or NCHC.
– NMC and / or NCHC may offer remote / virtual services (“Telephone and Video Consultations”) for Patient. Remote Services can be booked directly by contacting the NMC and / or NCHC. NMC and / or NCHC may need to ask Patient for certain personal information in order to provide Telephone and Video Consultations. If Patient does not provide this information when requested, NMC and / or NCHC may be unable to provide Remote Services.
– Some medical conditions are not suitable for remote medical consultations via our Remote Services, and you should always seek advice from a medical practitioner in person if you are unsure about whether you have been able to explain or communicate your medical needs through our Remote Services, or if you have any concerns about the advice you receive from us or if it is different from other advice you have received.
– Patient should not use our Remote Services in an emergency, or if patient has a condition that he or she know will require a physical examination.
– NMC and / or NCHC uses third party platforms to provide secure video consultations. More details may be found at NMC website.
– If patient wishes to use Remote Services, he / she should ensure to have an internet-enabled device and a sufficient internet connection.
– NMC and / or NCHC does not guarantee the availability of any particular healthcare specialist at any particular time. Remote Services are limited to 15 or 30 minute durations.
– NMC and / or NCHC may not be able to provide Remote Services if they are affected by events outside our control. Technical issues affecting video consultation platform and / or Patient telephone provider may require NMC or NCHC to suspend Remote Services in order to ensure they are secure and / or operating optimally. In such cases NMC and / or NCHC will discuss rearranging next remote consultation with patient.
– If Patient has a complaint about NMC and / or NCHC services or Care provided, NMC and / or NCHC would like to resolve it as soon as possible. Please let us know all your concerns.
– If Patient wishes to make a formal complaint about NMC and / or NCHC services, Patient should do so as soon as possible by contacting NMC and / or NCHC via e-mail or mail. NMC and / or NCHC may ask patient for certain details about Patient and his / her complaint in order to address it.
– NMC and / or NCHC staff are licenced healthcare professionals and NMC and / or NCHC will handle Patient’s complaint in an appropriate way, as required to do so by the professional rules that apply to NMC and / or NCHC and following the internal complaints procedure. If any disagreement between patient and NMC and / or NCHC arises, NMC and / or NCHC will attempt to resolve it by discussing it with the Patient.
– In the event of any dispute between Patient and NMC and / or NCHC regarding received Care, Treatment Package or any other issues, this will be conducted under the laws of the Republic of Lithuania.
– If any provision or part-provision of these T&Cs is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this paragraph shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these T&Cs.
– If either of us gives notice to the other of the possibility that any provision or part-provision of these T&Cs is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, we agree that we shall negotiate in good faith to amend such provision so that, as amended, it is legal, valid and enforceable, and, to the greatest extent possible, achieves the intended result of the original provision.
– We reserve the right to transmit your personal data to law enforcement institutions and state authorities, if such is necessary to comply with relevant legislation, and in order to identify whether these T&Cs and relevant legislation have not been violated.
– Patient acknowledges and accepts that the applicable law of the Republic of Lithuania may change and thereby prevent NMC and / or NCHC from providing certain Care to the patient. If such a change occurs and the change has an effect on patients Care, then NMC and / or NCHC shall contact patient to inform about the change and the consequences of the change.
– NMC and / or NCHC will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of NMC obligations under these T&Cs that are caused by an event outside NMC and / or NCHC reasonable control.
– If an event outside NMC and / or NCHC reasonable control takes place that affects the performance of NMC and / or NCHC obligations under these T&Cs, NMC and / or NCHC will take reasonable steps to contact Patient as soon as possible to notify. In these circumstances, time for performance of NMC obligations shall be extended for the duration of the event outside NMC and / or NCHC reasonable control.
– These Terms are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the Republic of Lithuania Law and the courts of Lithuania shall have exclusive jurisdiction.